HOME MADE PIZZA WITH SMOKED CHEESE FRIED EGGPLANTS AND PINE NUTS
For the dough: 200 g 5 cereals flour (W 400), 150 g flour type 1 (W 300), 8 g salt, 1 g fresh brewer’s yeast, 210 g warm water.
To Season: 100 g peeled tomatoes, 100 g piccadilly tomatoes, 6 dried tomatoes in oil, smoked cheese (for me Caseificio Pugliese), 1 eggplant, flour, pine nuts, salt, pepper, chilli, frying oil.
- The day before at 5:00 pm prepare the dough: dissolve yeast in water, pour it into the kneader, add flours and knead adding salt after few minutes. Knead for about 15 minutes until you get a smooth , homogeneous and elastic dough.
- Form a loaf and place it on floured pastry board, cover with a large bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
- Take back the dough, knead it a little longer (by hand) and divide it into 2 parts (about 280 g each), flatten each dough in a rectangle and make folds in this way: put the right corner of the rectangle in the center and cover it with the left corner. Turn the dough of 90°, flatten it again and repeat the folds. Upset the dough so that the folds are below getting a ball.
- Put them in 2 lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic and place them in the fridge for 23 hours.
- The next day, at 5.00 pm take out the dough from the fridge, put the 2 loaves on floured pastry board, cover with bowls and let rise for 3 hours at room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling: wash piccadilly tomatoes and mix them in a bowl with peeled tomatoes and dried tomatoes. Pass everything through the vegetable mill, put all in a soucepan, add 1 teaspoon of salt, a pinch of pepper, one of chili and cook for 15 minutes. Let cool. Thinly slice smoked cheese and keep aside. Clean the eggplant and slice it. Dry them between two sheets kitchen paper and flour them. Fry eggplant slices 2 minutes per side in oil. Drip and dry with paper.
- If you bake your pizza in the oven : a little time before 8:00 pm , turn on the oven and bring to the maximum temperature (280 ° C).
- Roll out the loaves, transfer them on a sheet of parchment paper and place them on a baking tray. Season your pizza with tomatoes sauce, place the pan on the bottom of the oven and bake 10 minutes . Remove pizza from the pan and cook 1 minutes directly on the oven floor (so the cooking of the base will be perfect ). Put the pizza again on the baking tray, complete with smoked cheese, pine nuts and eggplants. Bake in the upper part of the oven for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
- If you have a baking stone or a pizza – oven: season your pizza with all the ingredients except for eggplants and cook for 4-5 minutes. Complete with fried eggplants and serve immediately.