NO KNEAD FOCACCIA WITH SCAMORZA CHEESE AND GRILLED AUBERGINES
500 gr wholemeal flour (W 330), 1 tablespoon toasted malt, 12 gr salt, 370 gr warm water, 4 gr fresh brewer’s yeast, e.v.o. oil, salt, 2 aubergines, 1 white scamorza cheese (for me Caseificio Pugliese), chopped parsley.
- Pour flour, salt, and malt into a large bowl and mix everything.
- Aside, melt yeast in lukewarm water and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Pour the liquid onto the flour stirring with a fork to mix the ingredients. Cover with film or with a lid and let rise at room temperature for 8-10 hours.
- Abundantly flour a clean cloth and overturn the dough. Flour it, flatten it gently giving a rectangle shape and make folds: stretch the dough, bend the right flap in the center and fold over the left flap. Make the dough half a turn and repeat the folds. Finally tip over the dough so that the folds are below. Cover with the cloth and let rise 1 hour.
- Grease a baking tray, lay the dough and gently stretch out it with your fingers. Cover with a second baking tray or non-contact film and let rise for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile clean the aubergines, slice them and cook them on a ot grid for 5 minutes. Season with oil, salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Slice scamorza cheese.
- Turn on the oven and bring it to 250 ° C.
- Wet your focaccia sufrace with a mixture of oil and and water (1 part of oil and 2 parts of water), prick with a fork, salt and bake in the bottom of the oven for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 220 ° C and continue baking for 15-20 minutes more in the middle-high part of the oven. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Slice your focaccia , fill it with aubergines and cheese and enjoy it!