UGLY BUT GOOD RICOTTA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE AND PEACHES
2 nectarines, 2 spoons of cognac, 110 g brown sugar, 100 ml fresh cream, 120 g handmade goat ricotta cheese (for me Spega), 130 g finely chopped extra dark chocolate, 90 g flour, 1 spoon bitter cocoa, 50 g chopped almonds, 1 beated egg, peach jam (for me Natura e Tradizione Vis).
- Wash peaches and slice them. Put them in a pan, add 2 tablespoons of sugar (taken from the total weight) and cognac. Cover with the lid and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Blend everything getting a smooth cream and keep aside.
- Pour into a pan fresh cream, ricotta cheese and the remaining sugar: mix everything very well with a whisk and bring on fire. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes to dissolve sugar and blend everything with the immersion blender to homogenize the mixture.
- Add chocolate and mix.
- Add the peach cream and mix again.
- Sift together flour and cocoa and add them to the dough gradually, stirring.
- Finally, combine chopped almonds and egg.
- Preheat the oven at 180 ° C.
- Grease and flour a mold of 20 cm and pour the dough. Complete the cake with some spoons of peach jam. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool the cake and serve.