HOME MADE PIZZA WITH BURRATA CHEESE, ROCKET SALAD AND CHERRY TOMATOES
Time: 24 hours + 10 mins baking
Serves: 2 pp + 1 child
- For the poolish:200 g manitoba flour, 50 g flour type 0, 250 g of lukewarm water, 10 g of dried natural yeast starter (or 2 g brewers yeast).
- For the dough:120 g flour type 0, 55 g durum wheat flour, 13 g salt.
- For the stuffing:tomatoes sauce, cherry tomatoes, rocket salad, 2 burrata cheese of 120 g each (for me Caseificio Pugliese), basil, evo oil and pepper (optional).
- The day before, at 7.00 pm: pour in a bowl all the poolish ingredients and mix all using a fork. You will get a very smooth batter (the poolish): cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let rise overnight at room temperature.
- The next morning, at about 8:00 am: pour in the kneader the ingredients for the dough and knead all gradually adding the poolish. Knead the dough very well for about 15-20 minutes.
- Flour the pastry board and upset the dough. Cover it with a bowl and let rise 1 hour.
- Flatten the dough in a rectangle and make folds: put the right corner of the rectangle in the center and cover it with the left corner. Turn the dough of 90°, flatten it again and repeat the folds 2 times. Turn the dough so that the folds are below.
Brush with oil a large bowl and place the dough, cover with foil or with a lid and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough in 2 portions of 280 g each and one of 130 g and form 3 balls. Place them on a floured baking tray, cover with film and put in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- In the afternoon, around 5.00 pm: take out the balls from the fridge and let rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing: heat (if you want) the tomatoes sauce for 5 minutes with a bit of sugar and a bit of baking soda to reduce tomatoes acidity, wash cherry tomatoes and cut them in half, wash and dry rocket salad and keep out the burrata cheese from the fridge.
- In the evening, at 8:00 pm: turn on the oven and bring to the maximum temperature (in my case is 250 °C). Roll out the loaves, transfer them on a sheet of baking paper and place them on a baking tray. Season with tomato sauce and, if you like, with some oil and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes (5 for the smaller one) placing the pan directly on the bottom of the oven.
- Season your pizzas with rocket salad, cherry tomatoes and burrata cheese.
- Serve immediately in order to allow everyone to “open” his burrata directly on his pizza