GREEN PEPPERS STUFFED WITH BREAD, ANCHOVIES AND MOZZARELLA
Time: 20 minutes + 25 minutes baking
Serves: 6 half peppers
- 3 medium green peppers,
- 200 g soft wholemeal bread
- 2 tablespoons salted capers,
- 9 anchovy fillets,
- 2 large eggs (or 3 medium),
- 8 tablespoons milk (or mozzarella preserving milk),
- a bouquet of basil,
- a dozen stems of chives,
- 1 mozzarella fior di latte (for me Caseificio Pugliese),
- pesteda -mix of spices and aromas
- extra virgin olive oil.
- Turn the oven to 190 ° C.
- Wash the peppers, cut them in half keeping the stem and empty them from the seeds and internal filaments.
- Salt the inside and set aside.
- Put the chopped bread, capers, anchovies, 6 basil leaves, chives, 2 tablespoons of oil and milk in the blender: blend everything and pour into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix to get the peppers stuffing.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture, season with a little oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the mozzarella fior di latte into slices.
- Raise the oven temperature to 220 ° C.
- Arrange the mozzarella slices on the peppers and complete each with a generous pinch of pesteda.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, take out of the oven and serve.